Nihilism, The Family Circus & That Fucking Cat

I was posting a comment earlier today on a friends FaceBook page about how evil the mother from Family Circus is. To help illustrate my point I decided to search for a good image of the mother being evil.

After a short Google Image Search I found the following website: http://geekprospectus.blogspot.com. The reason I'm posting this is because that a contributor to that blog nailed why I have always hated Family Circus:

Family Circus made me angry for years every day I read it. I never knew why until I was old enough to see that this was the kind of family that the Aryan nation imagined would end up populating the world if they had it their way.

EXACTLY!!! Another contributor brought up the Nietzsche Family Circus. This is a website that pairs random quotes by the father of Nihilism, Friedrich Nietzsche, with random pictures from the Family Circus cartoon strip. The whole idea just makes me laugh! Every time you hit F5 (refresh the page) you get a new quote and comic image. It definitely makes the comic 1,000 times better.

Here's one pairing that made me lol:

God Is Dead Mom!

Editing comics is not just limited to Family Circus. Another popular comic strip edit is Garfield Minus Garfield. I guess after realizing that people can only take so much of Garfield, creator and artist Jim Davis decided to take Garfield out of the strip. Without Garfield in the comic his owner Jon becomes even crazier and mentally disturbed than usual. The idea works! Plus it makes Garfield comic strips funny again (something that two CGI-laden feature films failed to accomplish). In almost all of the strips in Garfield Minus Garfield you have Jon just standing there talking to himself. You can find Garfield Minus Garfield online at: http://garfieldminusgarfield.net.



Lastly here's a special Halloween clip from Robot Chicken:
CLICK HERE if the video is not below.




BTW: I'm planning on doing a Seven (7) From Nemrel about webcomics. Online and indie comics are way better than the syndicated shit that they put in newspapers. I'll probably post the Seven later on Sunday.

That FUCKING Cat!

No comments: